Friday, September 18, 2009

Friday Fill Ins

Troll Country has promoted this new fill-in game:

My Car Has ... put 190k miles on this body!

Brunch ... is anything paired well with Mimosas!

Lately Things Seem .... Topsy Turvy! When you live in a quicksand culture where greed and failure are rewarded and responsibility, accountability and success are punished .... definitely topsy turvy.

The Alifia River ... is a fond memory.

What Happened ... at the Pond ... is a future posting.

An Obamanation Dictatorship ... is on the way to being our reality unless we all stand up for the Constitution of the United States of America.

Tonight I am looking forward to .... no real plans but I will spend part of the evening researching possibilities for a new Southern Mysteries Book Club. Any recommendations?

4 comments:

h said...

Excellent thoughtful answers. You rocked it! But I screwed up when I copied-and-pasted. The original "fill-ins" didn't mention brunch or the Obamanation.

Let us know if you find a good Southern Mystery book!

Pam said...

Do your southern mysteries have to take place in the south?

Pam said...

(Oh wait, I thought of one that does take place in the south) ...
Tribute by Nora Roberts. Try that one. I liked this book. She is usually pretty reliable for her stuff.

fishy said...

Troll,
Thanks for the gold star on my forehead! Will keep you advised on the mysteries.

Pam,
The idea of the club is to limit the selections to mysteries steeped in classic Southern culture. I'll check out the Nora Roberts. Our first meet isn't until the 29th so I have a bit of time to research.

Have any of you read,
" Suck Your Stomach In and Put Some Color On" ? or
the "Thoroughly Southern" series by Patricia Spindle?