Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Happy Mermaid Mother's Day

Today 
is my favorite 
day of the year.
 because
March 19th 
is
 Mermaid's birthday
and
the day
 I became 
a
 Mama



                          

When Mermaid was little
people would say to Blowfish
"Your wife is a fool about that child!"
Blowfish 
would nod his agreement
and 
smile




When Mermaid and I started our days
at the beach before school
the teachers would say,
" You are a fool about that child!"
I would smile
 nodding
 my agreement




When Mermaid had to have a horse
My Dad said to me,
" Heh! You are a fool about that child !"
I would smile 
and
 nod in agreement
before saying,
" Maybe a fool about that horse too."



When 
Mermaid and I 
went adventuring together
strangers would say,
" You sure are a fool for that child!"
 They would all be smiling
never
 frowning

When Mermaid grew her hair
longer than long
sporting
wind tangled curls 
my siblings would say,
" Do something with that hair !"
 I would reply,
" I love her hair !"



When the day came
for 
Mermaid 
to leave home
I hugged her tight 
and 
whispered
" Be joyful"



Joy 
to the world!
Joy
 for the Fishy's
In the deep blue sea
Joy!
For me and you.


PS

Yes!
I remain 
 a
fool 
about 
our
beloved
fabulous
joyful
Mermaid.

6 comments:

Aunty Belle said...

How endearing.'!!!

Nice to find such sweetness remains. Y'all is a lucky pair. May her mermaidship be blessed beyond the rainbow.

Aunty Belle said...

Haiku Monday theme is up--wif' s twist. Come play!!

Island Rider said...

Happy Birthday Mermaid! Does she have the book "Last Night I Swan with Mermaid?" by Kimberly Mueller?

pamokc said...

So sweet! Happy birthday Mermaid, you have one proud mama fish.

darkfoam said...

Very sweet! Happy birthday to mermaid! Love the visuals!!

fishy said...

All,
thanks much for the good wishes!
I feel quite blessed.